Dianthus barbatus (Sweet William) Gardenia
Catchfly is a plant native to Europe, which was introduced to North America and escaped cultivation. Silene armeria is the plant’s grown-up name and it is a perennial in USDA plant hardiness zones 5 to 8.... Sweet William, a flowering plant of the genus Dianthus, is also known by the historically curious name pinks. Pinks were not named for their color but rather for the serrated edge of their blooms, which resemble the cut of pinking shears (special tailoring scissors).
How To Grow Sweet William Gardening Direct
Dianthus can come in many forms; annuals and perennials include the carnations, whereas the biennials include Sweet William. This page is dedicated to the biennials, Go here for information on How to Grow Carnations and Pinks... Sweet William is a traditional cottage garden flower that provides a late spring and early summer display. It is a hardy biennial and easy-to-grow. 'Tall Mixed' has large, 10 cm wide flower heads that come in a harmonious range of colours from white to the palest blush pink, to bright fuchsia pink, to deep red shades of carmine. For the gardener, it adds colour and a sweet, peppery fragrance
How to Plant Sweet William Seeds in Summer Time Know
The Sweet William flower (Dianthus barbatus), hardy in USDA plant hardiness zones 3 through 9, is charming tucked in containers, mixed with other perennials, or as a border in any flower bed. But, before you buy flats of expensive nursery plants, consider growing Sweet William from seed. After all... Pot up Sweet William plug plants and grow them on in frost free conditions for transplanting into borders and containers later on. When all risk of frost has passed, and plugs are fully rooted into their pots, acclimatise them to outdoor conditions over 7 to 10 days.
Sweet William catchfly FineGardening
Dianthus 'Green Trick' is a non-flowering form of sweet William, with vibrant green pompom heads right through summer and autumn. More... Flowers Sweet William 'Dwarf Mixed' A showy carpet of rich hues. Highly fragrant. A dwarf plant so very effective for borders, edgings and beddings.
How To Grow Sweet William From Seed
Dianthus barbatus 'Sooty' Seeds Â£2.58 from Chiltern Seeds
- PerennialsSweet Williams an Old-Fashioned Favorite
- Sweet William Growing from Seed Gardening Channel
- Tips for Growing Sweet William Weekend Gardener
- Sweet william Plant Care & Growing Information Folia
How To Grow Sweet William From Seed
How to grow sweet peas from seed. Posted in All Gardening Advice, Annuals, March, Sweet Peas, on 7th March 2018. This guide to growing sweet peas from seed will show you how to create fantastic summer sweet pea displays in your garden. If you've purchased ready-to-go sweet pea seedlings from us, read on to the Planting out Sweet Peas section How to sow sweet peas. Sow your sweet peas seeds
- Shop for Sweet William Seeds by the Packet or Pound. EdenBrothers.Com offers Hundreds of Seed Varieties, Including the Finest and Freshest Sweet William Seeds Anywhere. EdenBrothers.Com offers Hundreds of Seed Varieties, Including the Finest and Freshest Sweet William Seeds Anywhere.
- The dianthus plant is also called Sweet William (Dianthus barbatus) and has a fragrance with cinnamon or clove notes. The plants are small and usually between 6 and 18 inches tall. Dianthus flowers are most often in pink, salmon, red and white hues. The foliage is …
- Pot up Sweet William plug plants and grow them on in frost free conditions for transplanting into borders and containers later on. When all risk of frost has passed, and plugs are fully rooted into their pots, acclimatise them to outdoor conditions over 7 to 10 days.
- Description. Sweet William - Tall Single Mix - Dianthus barbatus. Biennial Open Pollinated. Fringed red, pink, or purple flowers have a distinct carnation scent.
You can find us here:
- Australian Capital Territory: Weston Creek ACT, Wright ACT, Holder ACT, Narrabundah ACT, Throsby ACT, ACT Australia 2644
- New South Wales: Dubbo NSW, Biniguy NSW, Stanwell Tops NSW, Gurnang NSW, South Murwillumbah NSW, NSW Australia 2079
- Northern Territory: Herbert NT, Areyonga NT, Kakadu NT, Mcarthur NT, Tanami NT, Brinkin NT, NT Australia 0895
- Queensland: Sandringham QLD, Hebel QLD, Herston QLD, Upper Lockyer QLD, QLD Australia 4096
- South Australia: Sellicks Hill SA, Tothill Creek SA, Tunkalilla SA, False Bay SA, Edwardstown SA, Cowleds Landing SA, SA Australia 5045
- Tasmania: Westbury TAS, Rosetta TAS, Long Reach TAS, TAS Australia 7046
- Victoria: Bowmans Forest VIC, Killarney VIC, Mulwala VIC, Karween VIC, Metung VIC, VIC Australia 3007
- Western Australia: Shotts WA, Kalamunda WA, North Coogee WA, WA Australia 6095
- British Columbia: Queen Charlotte BC, Rossland BC, Rossland BC, Parksville BC, Radium Hot Springs BC, BC Canada, V8W 7W6
- Yukon: Sulphur YT, Aishihik YT, Dawson YT, Watson Lake YT, Kirkman Creek YT, YT Canada, Y1A 4C2
- Alberta: Wetaskiwin AB, Rosalind AB, Rocky Mountain House AB, Two Hills AB, Calgary AB, Grimshaw AB, AB Canada, T5K 3J8
- Northwest Territories: Sambaa K'e NT, Sachs Harbour NT, Colville Lake NT, Colville Lake NT, NT Canada, X1A 5L7
- Saskatchewan: Dinsmore SK, Kipling SK, Porcupine Plain SK, Glen Ewen SK, Gull Lake SK, Harris SK, SK Canada, S4P 4C7
- Manitoba: Gilbert Plains MB, Grandview MB, Somerset MB, MB Canada, R3B 2P5
- Quebec: Port-Cartier QC, Schefferville QC, Saint-Tite QC, Lac-Megantic QC, Maniwaki QC, QC Canada, H2Y 3W3
- New Brunswick: Balmoral NB, Paquetville NB, Perth-Andover NB, NB Canada, E3B 4H5
- Nova Scotia: Dominion NS, Annapolis Royal NS, Antigonish NS, NS Canada, B3J 5S2
- Prince Edward Island: Tignish Shore PE, Alberton PE, Ellerslie-Bideford PE, PE Canada, C1A 6N7
- Newfoundland and Labrador: Red Bay NL, Whitbourne NL, Victoria NL, Point of Bay NL, NL Canada, A1B 7J8
- Ontario: Concord ON, Essa ON, Cedar Grove ON, Oakville, Tennyson ON, Perrins Corners ON, Farnham ON, ON Canada, M7A 4L9
- Nunavut: Kent Peninsula NU, Eskimo Point (Arviat) NU, NU Canada, X0A 8H1
- England: Blackburn ENG, Kettering ENG, Colchester ENG, Halesowen ENG, London ENG, ENG United Kingdom W1U 5A3
- Northern Ireland: Derry (Londonderry) NIR, Craigavon (incl. Lurgan, Portadown) NIR, Belfast NIR, Craigavon (incl. Lurgan, Portadown) NIR, Bangor NIR, NIR United Kingdom BT2 6H9
- Scotland: East Kilbride SCO, Dunfermline SCO, Livingston SCO, Glasgow SCO, Livingston SCO, SCO United Kingdom EH10 1B7
- Wales: Neath WAL, Newport WAL, Barry WAL, Cardiff WAL, Cardiff WAL, WAL United Kingdom CF24 4D6